The Firm’s practice includes representing and advising both creditors and debtors. Amongst the creditors, the Firm represents both financial and operational creditors. We provide advice with respect to various facets of the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (IBC) including on corporate debts, insolvency crisis and other strategies for insolvency resolution. Our formidable team of professionals has rich experience and expertise in handling matters pertaining to Companies Act, 2013 and IBC before the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) and the Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT). As part of the insolvency resolution process, we also advise on other aspects of Business and Corporate Laws in India including advisory services on liquidation of stressed assets, corporate restructuring and various applications under the Companies Act, 2013.
We have advised a number of domestic and international banks, funds, acquirers, distressed companies and industry professionals on the implications of the IBC and continue to advise on some of the largest and most complicated restructuring and insolvency matters under the IBC.
Our practice inter alia includes:
- Advising domestic and foreign companies investing in distressed companies undergoing insolvency proceedings
- Counselling hedge funds on structuring investments into the Indian stressed asset space
- Advising international and domestic banks on initiating IBC proceedings
- Assisting insolvency professionals in proceedings against distressed companies
- Handling cases on behalf of liquidators and receivers.